We went camping this weekend to Salt Rock Campground in Baltic, CT (northeastern part of the state). It is a state park. I was very excited about the "lazy river" the bordered the park, you take your own tube down the river. I was only able to go down once, it was fun, I was a bit afraid of snapping turtles, not that I saw any though.
Brian's brother, John, and his family had a spot right next to us at the campground for the weekend, so we had an Umland gathering. We shared the fire for each meal. It was fun hanging out with them. There were 8 of us total, 4 adults and 4 kids.
We didn't get much sleep the first night b/c the people next to us had a party from 12am - 5am, but slept better the next night. Logan slept well both nights; he slept right through the flashing lights and yelling from the party, I guess he was tired.
When we got home Logan wanted to be outside, he would love to camp all the time I think, he loves the outdoors. He was meeting bugs and caterpillars and squealing with delight at times when they would wiggle. He ate some sand when we weren't looking, he also tried to chew on a rock. He would sit down in the road and start playing with the sand. He loved the "lazy river" and went down with Brian twice. He started waving and saying hi to people a lot, he would do this to strangers when he was taking us for a walk, he waved a lot at his Uncle John. He seems to really like the reaction he gets from people when he does this; it seems he is starting to understand that he does this wave and says something and people respond back. There was a birthday party on Saturday afternoon and Logan was the greeting committee for many of them as they drove by.
John and Karla brought their dog also, on Saturday they had the dog tied up, Logan went over to the tree where she was tied up and yelled "oh no, oh no" and tried to undo her, he didn't like her tied up. I tried to explain that it was ok, I pointed at the knot and said "yes", throughout the weekend he would still go over and go "oh no, oh no".
I found 2 deer ticks on him on wednesday, so we have to watch him for signs of lyme disease for the next 3 weeks. Then tonight we found one on his head and another one wandering around his leg. They like him I guess, I don't like them though.
Here is a link to see the pictures
http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=67092&l=c2df1&id=635725920
No comments:
Post a Comment