Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Cloth Diapering Continued

So we did the one week trial of the cloth diapering. We have come to the conclusion that we are going to primarily do the cloth diapering. I am waiting for some covers to come in from Peacock Organics in Noank. I also need to get more tri fold diapers from my friend Mary, who doesn't use hers anymore. Brian bought some vinyl pants and Babies R Us, but I only have a days worth of cloth diapers. Logan again got a rash on his bum, in a different spot though, so not sure what this is about.

When I stepped back and looked at the bigger picture I realized that with the disposable diapers I was washing Logan's sheet and waterproof mattress cover about 2 times a week b/c he would pee through in the night.

I bought a bucket yesterday to put the cloth diapers in, I guess that makes it feel more official to me. I am going to do a dry bucket for the peed diapers, and a wet bucket for the pooped on diapers.

When he has a rash I was told not to use diaper rash ointment. My friend Diane recommended a mixture of apricot oil, vit E, and then tea tree oil which can be used with the cloth diapering. I found it had the same results as the diaper rash cream, so I was glad about that.

No comments: