Monday, April 7, 2008
The Wind
We had a lesson in the power of the wind today. I brought Logan outside to walk behind his push walker after lunch. He was wanting to take the dry leaves he found and put them in a certain part of the walker to hold the leaves for later. At times the wind would kick up, this did not bother him at first, even when it took away his leaves from his proud storing spot. But the wind started to stir up a few leaves around him as he was sitting on the ground, he started to get scared, he made a noise that I know as meaning "I am freaked out a bit I think, but kind of interested, this is new to me, and I'm not sure if I should be scared or not". He would sit there and look at the wind stir the leaves, make his "I'm not sure of this" noise, and cling to my foot as he watched. . . to him it was weird that something was moving the leaves that he could not see. He started to get increasingly more freaked out, I tried from the beginning to talk to him and tell him about the wind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment