Saturday, April 26, 2008

Learning to Sign and Naps

We have been teaching Logan some basic sign language lately, a few weeks ago he seemed to be understanding the concept that we were doing something intentional with out hands, but he couldn't seem to really do anything but wave bye-bye anytime we signed anything. Today I signed ball and he put the ball down and signed ball; then a few mins later I signed book b/c we were reading a book and he signed book. He got a lot of praise to encourage this. We are excited that he is picking this up. It is neat learning a different language as we are teaching Logan also.

Oh, and he slept for 1/2 an hour yesterday afternoon, it has been a couple of months since he has done that. He seems to be changing his schedule again today; he didn't nap this morning, but I put him down early for the afternoon nap hoping he will combine them, which usually has not had much success is the past, but here's to hoping.

No comments: