Thursday, July 30, 2009

My sweet child is getting a mind of his own and is keeping me even more on my toes. Today I have been told strongly to “go, go, go” as I was stopped at a stop sign while driving. When we got home he was playing with the garden hose, he hosed my laundry that was on the line, he was given a warning not to do that, he then aimed the hose at me and got me wet, so the hose was taken away. He seems more experimenting and having fun than being malicious.

Inside the house he got a hold of some baby powder and figured out how to open it and dumped it all over my living room. When I realized what he was doing I took it away and he began hitting the couch covered with powder and loved the dust clouds it made. All this was done in joyish, boyish fun (from my biased perspective, he was corrected though). I am still waiting for the eyes in the back of my head to grow in.



He now LOVES Caillou, a tv show on PBS about a young boy. Last night at 12am he was asking to watch Caillou. It’s all he wants to watch now, so gone are the days of Curious George, how quickly the mind changes.

2 comments:

sea salt MOSAIC said...

Oh Tami. . . I wish I could say "I remember the days", but I can only say that I feel your pain! Urbana has newly discovered a bit of stubborn independence, too! ugh. . .the messes we NEVER imagined we'd be cleaning up. . . and the demands of a two year old! We are getting "no! leave baby alone!" where'd that come from!?! sigh. praying for you!

Mary said...

That is the best picture ever! The look on his face is priceless and oh the mess is delightful. (in your home! lol!) At least it's easier to clean than cornstarch and water.