Sunday, July 12, 2009

Time Marches On

On Wednesday night Logan was so mad that I wasn’t home to help put him to bed that he climbed out of his crib, Brian had to put him back in about 4 times. So now that he can climb out we are going to put together his toddler bed sometime this weekend hopefully. Brian put a mattress on the floor near where he climbs out; so when he does climb out he stays on that mattress and feels he can’t move from there usually, he will usually yell “I stuck” from the mattress on the floor that he can easily get off of. Sometimes he will come to the door and bang on it to get our attention and then he runs back to the mattress on the floor. The other night I was reading to him and he needed me to have my whole body on the mattress, it was not ok for my foot to touch the floor. He climbs out very quietly, so I have to check at night to make sure he’s in bed and not on the mattress on the floor for the night.

Just now I put him down for his nap and had the gate low, I had my back turned and he climbed right into his crib, this surprised me, but I guess I shouldn’t be to surprised at him being able to get into the crib also.

It has also been neat to see his vocabulary expanding. He is saying things of his own accord lately. He requests to go to the library or the beach a lot, “go to beach” is what I hear the most. We purchased a state park season pass and have gone many times to Rocky Neck beach. He loves the water and isn’t afraid of it. The likes to jump and flop onto his butt where the waves come in, the other day he did this and a wave came and knocked him over, he got water all over his face and may have even been under for a split second, he was fine with it and wanted to go back for more. So I have to be extra careful because he isn’t afraid to just walk out deep, he usually doesn’t want much help, but I find a way to help him so it’s fun and teaching him how to float and kick.

He has been very active lately and so I have to get him out of the house a lot, so the projects that I hope to work on while I am tending to him at the same time have been put aside, so I feel like I can’t get anything done. But Brian reminded me last night that this is for a season, I desire to spend time with him now to help train him, and in another season I will have more time to do projects/housework.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Well said... all of it!

I think it's funny that he climbs INTO his crib. What a kid. And that he was stuck on the mattress - ha ha ha! At least he knows where he must stay and hasn't ventured off the mattress to roam and play and get into stuff.

He's so cute!