Thursday, March 20, 2008

Drinking, Sign Language, Diapers

A few days ago I thought I would try seeing how Logan took to drinking out of a cup, I had tried it about a month or so ago and he didn't really to anything except sit there. He has been doing really well when I hold the cup, he drinks and blows bubbles. I have been able to get him to drink more this way.

We have been trying to teach Logan sign language. I am borrowing a few DVDs that have sign language for little ones, he is laughing right now at the one from Discovery Toys that is teaching him how to do the sign for book, fun and learning is a good thing.

Today I borrowed my friends tri-fold cloth diapers, she gave me lots of instruction and I put the 2nd cloth diaper of the day on Logan about 1/2 an hour ago. I am hoping this will cut down on cost. We had been using a brand called Seventh Generation which is supposed to be more environmentally friendly, have no chlorine, cut down on rashes, just be better over all, but it is adding up. So a free trial period of cloth diapering is a wonderful thing.

2 comments:

A Sunflower Knits said...

what makes "tri-fold" diapers different than regular cloth diapers?
mind you this comes from a non-parent ;-)

Tami Umland said...

the tri-fold are the ones that have the thick strip in the middle, they are what I usually thought of when it came to cloth diapering. It's the cheapest way to cloth diaper,a bit more work than other things out there.