Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Reward Chart

I have been reading “Dare to Discipline” by Dr. James Dobson and finding it helpful. One of the things we decided to start doing is a rewards chart with Speedy. I had tried this in one form a few months ago and it didn’t seem to really get his attention, the book suggested a few things that I tweaked and we have seen some success. We sit down at lunch and go over how the morning went, if he didn’t whine, was gentle w/his brother, ate his lunch then he gets a sticker for each of those things (if he didn’t do well we just focus on him working on better that afternoon), then he gets a penny for each sticker. We then do the same thing at suppertime. Today we counted up his money and he had $2, he was so excited to cash in the money and get $2 in bills from Mommy, so we are going to the store later today to buy something w/his money. He wants to buy M+M’s.

No comments: