Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day and Teeth

• Spunky now has his 2 top teeth poking through and the next one on the left, they poked through a few days ago, so that is what has been keeping him and I up
• Mother’s Day for me was so unlike the classic ideas I have of Mother's Day (sleep in, breakfast in bed, cooperative children). Here is how my morning went: I was able to spend time w/Spunky as he sweetly looked up at me from 10:30pm – 12:30pm (I’d really rather be sleeping and have the precious moments another time, but he needed me), I was able to get 5 hrs of sleep instead of the 4 hrs I had been getting (I am so much happier on 8 hrs sleep and have only been getting 4 hrs of sleep for a few nights), I got up at 6am and fed Spunky as I was more than half asleep, I then enjoyed the trust of Spunky finishing filling his diaper and coming up to me knowing I’d change him (it was sweet to see the trust though), I ate the buckwheat pancakes I made yesterday (no breakfast made for me), watched the kids and gave numerous time outs to Speedy while I’m still half asleep as my husband slept in, this was all before 7:30am. This is just a phase that challenges me, but also brings such blessings. I love my boys and I am glad I have the privilege to parent them, it sometimes just really wears me down. I say all this to find humor in my negative perspective from this am. I was able to take a nap b/c my husband took Speedy out to play, I am thankful for my husband's help.
• When we were at swim class for Speedy on Wednesday I was feeding Spunky solids and signed all done, he signed along w/me and says a sound that imitates "all done", he is trying to say it
• Spunky's hair was bothering me for a while, he had this puff at the back of his head where it was long especially on the left side, it was starting to curl around to his ears, he would get food stuck in it a lot, so I decided to cut the back w/clippers, so now he just looks like he has peach fuzz

No comments: