Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Part 2 of Grand Manan trip

I uploaded pictures of our trip so far to Grand Manan, we have been having fun, here is the link

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=71420&l=6d076&id=635725920

Logan said “fruit loops” after Danita said it yesterday. He tried fruit loops for the first time.

I remembered that while we were at the Bangor, Maine Walmart he went to the door and said “da”, sounded like door w/out the r.

He has been imitating sounds well in the past few days. Just now when I was putting him down for a nap he imitated me saying “wolves” when he pointed to the wolves on the border of the room we are staying in. My friend’s son has generously allowed us to stay in his room. Today he said “owl” after I said it.

Logan pigged out on black berries today. Jaymin (my friend Danita’s 13 year old son) picked some and Logan was eating them quickly. I was able to get on video him eating them off the bush also. You can see pictures at the link I added.

It is nice to just relax and not be pressed to do anything. Yesterday when Logan woke up we went to meet a friend at a restaurant in North Head (about 20 mins up island). I had scallops and fries and a wonderful Grand Manan desert called “tweed squares”, it was very good despite me having to pop up and down every few seconds to keep track of Logan b/c he really didn’t want to sit in the highchair.

Danita and I were looking through some old pictures. I have known Danita since I was 5 years old. She has a totally 80s picture of me that I will see if I can scan or take a picture of to remember it.

He is really enjoying playing with small rocks and dog food lately. This morning we went to the Ancorage to walk, he wanted to play in the rocks on the side of the road, he was doing splits in them b/c they would move with his weight. Then we went to visit my friends Andrew and Val, and Logan was sticking his feet in the dog food and trying to stand in the bowl.

No comments: