Monday, September 29, 2008

Imitating Words

For about a month he has been saying "amen" after I say it when I pray with him at naptime. He has started saying it more at the kitchen table now since he realizes we say it after we pray for supper. Sometimes he will climb up on the chair at random times and say "amen".

He likes to feed us by jamming food into our mouths, we feed him sometimes, so he thinks he should return the favor. He can get irritated if we don't open our mouths for what he is giving us. It is nice that he wants to share.

He has been kind of clingy lately and wanting hugs and kisses more. Yesterday I started this fish lips thing and kissed him. He now does a fish lip thing that seems to be asking me to kiss him with the fish lips. He likes to get right in my face and stare at me and then say hi really cute. This cuddly, connecting side of him is great and new.

For about the past week he has been having tantrums and hitting his head on the floor intentionally. I took him to the doctor to see if there was something in his ears, but they are clear. So then I wanted to try putting him to bed early again (we had been doing 4:30pm for a while b/c he was so overtired). Brian loves to play with him when he gets home at 5pm, so we had been putting him to bed at 6pm, b/c for a while that time worked great for him. But we decided we would see how he would do with a 5pm bedtime. Last night he went to bed at 5pm and slept till 7am. He had no episodes of tantrum or head hitting today. So I guess the poor little guy was just so overtired, even thought I was trying all I could to get him to rest during the day, and we had done a 5:30pm bedtime a few night, but that wasn't enough. I have found an early bedtime is the only thing that gets him over that hump. So for a few days we will put him down really early.

He has been saying animals and elmo a lot, they both sound the same to me. We are working on words that sound the same. He will be in the living room and an airplane will go over that I don't even notice, he will stop and point up (we are still inside the house) and go "a pane", his hearing is good.

Today we were at my Mom's apartment. She and Logan were playing with some letter magnets as I was bringing things to the car. My Mom was saying the letters and Logan was immitating every one of them. We both were surprized, he has been imitating a lot of what we say, but I hadn't tried the alphabet yet.

No comments: