Monday, August 24, 2009

Hiccup

In the Spring Logan was hiccup/gasping pretty badly, I was very concerned and brought him to the doctor twice about it. Both doctors said it was a nervous tick and that it would get worse before it got better but that it would probably go away in a few months. So I decided to just ignore it. I found that it was like a honing device at times when I couldn’t find him I would listen for his noises and then know where he was. The pediatrician left me to video tape him hiccuping at night b/c that shows signs that there is a bigger issue going on. He would hiccup/gasp about once a week at night, but I never could get it when I video taped him. I would spend all this time trying to get the camera out of his reach but still taping him, just to have him sleep on the other side of the crib or not hiccup during that hour that the tape recorded. He stopped doing it at night and so I stopped taping, but today I was uploading other video footage and saw that back on June 8 I was trying to record Logan hiccuping at night. We went away to Maine around June 15th and he didn’t hiccup that weekend and stopped for a few days and started up again, but then about a week later stopped. He occasionally will hiccup now, but not nearly as much as he did. Thankfully this to did pass.

No comments: