On Monday I had to call Poison Control b/c Logan tasted (I thought he had drank) some cleaner called Solumel. We were in a rush to get out the door for his doctor's appointment, which I found was moved to today (Friday). But in the rush I had to grab something from under the sink, which I always keep locked. I forgot to lock it in the rush and when we came home forgot it wasn't locked b/c I am always aware of locking it after opening it. He came right to me with the bottle after he tasted it. The woman at poison control asked how he was acting and since he was acting his normal bouncy/laughing self she said she thinks he just tasted it and didn't swallow any of it. She was very helpful and put me at ease. She gave me things to look for (signs of burning in the mouth) which never occurred. I am thankful I have the option of calling poison control and that she was friendly.
So today was the actual appointment with his doctor. I found out he weighs 25lbs 8oz, this is about the 17th percentile. His doctor wants to see him again in 6 months b/c she is a bit concerned about his weight; when I explained what he normally eats she was surprised it was so little even though I offer him a variety. The next visit is usually at 3 years but she wants to check his weight sooner.
This is the 3rd time that they have had to get Logan's weight standing up on the big kid scale, the 2 other times they tried to get his weight in the chair, but he wiggles and lunges for me to much, and he has a look of worry. So we just went straight for the big kid scale at my request. He still wouldn't stand still, but the nurse gave him stickers and that got him to stand still long enough to get his weight.
He is 34 inches long, which is the about the 10th percentile. So he is on the smaller side. The 50th percentile would be the average height and weight for a boy.
He was a bit fighsty with the doctor, but she said he did really well compared to other 2 year olds, that any of his fighstiness was just him being 2 years old.
No comments:
Post a Comment