• I had my 1 hr glucose test done last week, I found out a few days later that I flunked it getting a 174 when 140 is the highest they’d like to see
• So I went to get the 3 hour glucose test done a few days ago. I had blood taken when I got there, then I drank a sprite tasting drink. It wasn’t bad at all. The lab tech said they recently changed it. I had heard that the 3 hour test drink is thick and nasty, but it wasn’t bad in this case. I then waited an hour and had blood drawn, and then 2 more times; so four times in all. I had to fast from midnight the night before. So I was hungry and thirsty, but it wasn’t as bad as I expected. The last blood drawing was challenging, she pricked a nerve. In the past I let them poke around a bit even if it’s uncomfortable b/c I just wanted to get it over with and not be complaining. But this really hurt and I let her know. So she went to the other arm which already had 2 pricks in it; so I was pricked 3 times in one arm and 2 in the other. But it’s done. When I don’t have enough water I can be a challenge to get blood from, so it could have been more uncomfortable. I think my speaking up this time saved me the hassle of having bruised arms for a month like I have done in the past.
• I found out today that I passed the 3 hour test, so all I have to watch is salt intake, phew.
No comments:
Post a Comment