Some funny things . . . Logan will show emphasis on what he wants my signing, for example he may want me to put him to bed and ask for me, but when he asks strongly and signs it that means he really wants it.
Brian was trying to get Logan to say Grand Manan Island this morning (the island that I grew up visiting in the summers) . . . Logan was saying “Ga-nan”.
Logan and I have been enjoying Harness Park in Waterford lately. We are really making use of the state park pass we bought b/w going to Harkness and Rocky Neck. I am finding I like Harkness more and more each time I go. I love that I can exercise there on the paved track that is lined by trees, I love that Logan can ride his bike on paved paths, I love that there is also a beach to go to that is not filled with people so the focus is more on the beach and playing with the crabs, muscles and seaweed.
The other day we were on the hunt for “M. Crab” b/c there were many crab carcasses left by seagulls. I was brought back to my childhood as I smelled the ocean, seaweed, and salt air. My parents own a small cabin on Grand Manan Island in New Brunswick, Canada. We can walk down to the beach in front of our cabin that overlooks the water. Growing up I spend many hours in the summer on the beach. I try to get up there at least once a year, and I can’t go this summer, so I am longing to go and I am finding some solace in some of the smells that bring back fond memories.
I also enjoy sharing the love of the ocean with my son and to see him being creative as he combs the beach for things washed ashore.
1 comment:
oh, I wish we could be there digging in the sand with you guys! Although, I do recall you taking the boys to the beach once and finding great pleasure in their inability to stay dry and sand free! boys!
Post a Comment