I have been wanting to make a wrap so I can carry Logan on my back. He doesn't like to sit in the front part of the cart at the store, he only wants to be held or walk when at the store and both are hard to get things done that way. The wrap I wanted to make is usually $100 - $140 at the store, usually called a Didymos. I found a store that sells fabric for $2 a yard, so I picked out a fabric and hemmed it up for about $7. It's a long piece of fabric (6.5 feet long) that is wrapped around my body to secure him on my back.
I tried one way of wrapping it at Shop Rite the other day. I had the hatch back opened in the car and was trying to wrap him with me half sitting in the car. The guy who collects the carts just stopped and stared at me; I wasn't able to get the wrapping correct that trip. Then at walmart I tried again and part of the fabric was holding him at the armpits when it was supposed to be holding him at his butt. So I tried another way to wrap at my next stop, the Natural Food Store. I was in the store for about 20 mins and he fell asleep on my back soon after I got there, not his usual nap time, I was surprised, but these wraps are said to give a sense of security and comfort. He slept 1/2 an hour only b/c I woke him up to go home. Thankfully it was warm that day, so I went for a walk to let him sleep a bit longer.
Today was an exercise in seeing that some people are very helpful when they see someone in distress. I went to Walmart again and wrapped him 3 times while there, each time I had someone come and ask if they could help me. The first time the woman grabbed the fabric and messed up my the alignment that I had spent time getting where I needed it, I then had to redo it, after I thanked her for her helpfulness, but that I was ok.
If you are intersted in seeing what I am doing with the wrap this link should bring you to a youtube.com video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq3sg2ujoZ0
2 comments:
Where is your own pic with the little feet sticking out??
I didn't have my camera to get that picture, I didn't think to use my camera phone. He won't let me put him in the wrap at home, only out, so I haven't had a chance to take a picture.
Post a Comment