Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Oil Bath?

Logan loves to snuggle under the covers on our bed now. Last night I used some liquid vitamin E and thought I had put it out of Logan's reach. This morning he was happily playing and within 1 second he had popped the top off (a screw top that he pulled off b/c he is strong) and started poring it over our bed. This stuff is the consistency of oil, I was not happy. When I tried to clean it up he just kept getting into the mess and managed to get a hold of the bottle again and dump the rest out, then put little vitamin E footprints all over the place. He wasn't doing this intentionally to be a menace, he just likes to dump things out and was having fun. We need to teach him it's ok to dump water in the tub and sink and not elsewhere. He is like lightening, just when I thought things were out of his reach, he manages to find a way. So I have to readjust my thinking again as far as what to keep out of his reach, b/c his radius is growing, and how to be preventative. He reminds me of Dash on The Incredible's (a movie).

I think he may be going through some of the terrible two's, one of my friends mentioned that she knows someone whose kids were 6 months ahead of the curve with the things that would be expected at the half year. It is usual that some of the behavior I am seeing is customary of 2 1/2 when the terrible two's hit the height. So I am praying for patience and clarity of thought in how to be creative in guiding Logan.

No comments: