Friday, June 22, 2012

M&M's


  • We have been doing a high and low game w/Speedy where he tells us the highs and lows of the day, this is intended to understand him and help us to know what is going on in his head.  Tonight he said his high was playing on the slip and slide, then he said “and I sneaked some M&M’s while you were sleeping”, so I started to talk to him about that and he interrupted me and said “and I did it again”.  He was telling me this innocently and didn’t know he could get in trouble for it.  I approached it more from the line that we can’t eat all the M&M’s we want in a day and he needs to let me know next time even if he can reach the bag when he drags a chair over and gets them from the top shelf of the cupboard.  Spunky was up half the night, so I was taking a nap in the living room while Speedy was playing on the computer.  I am glad he was truthful about it, and it also made me laugh that he said it was a high of today to do this twice.

No comments: