
I was due June 23. My water broke on June 22 at 4:30am. I wouldn't have called the doctor to tell him/her b/c I didn't have contractions to go along with this; I didn't want to bother the doctor. But at my last appt I felt compelled to ask my doctor what I should do if my water broke and I had no contractions in the middle of the night, she said to call just to let them know. So I called at 5am and my doctor said to come into the maternity ward for 8am. I knew I was on a time schedule at that point, they want you to deliver somewhat within 24 hours from your water breaking. I was apprehensive about being given petocin to induce labor, but felt I'd cross that bridge when we came to it. I got to the hospital at 8:30am with no contractions, was emitted and my doctor let me wait till 12pm to see if my body would start the contractions. At 12pm my doctor gave me something to induce labor (not petocin but a new pill). Around 2pm I started having contractions. I had wanted to go all natural with this birth, but at about 6pm I was feeling like I was hitting a wall and asked for staydol to ease the pain, I had 2 doses of staydol and it put me in a nice sleepy state. I started pushing at about 9:30pm and had him at 10:23pm. At that point all the drugs had worn off. I had asked for an epidural near the end, but was too far along so I couldn't get one.
I felt I recovered quicker than with LJ b/c I tore less and didn't have an epidural. I am very thankful to friends and family that helped me out while Brian was working; he had to go back to work the day after I got back from the hospital and then worked a full week with overtime the following week.
I have been able to mostly get the hang of breastfeeding, we had some bumps which we are still trying to work out, but diapers show that he is getting what he needs, so that is good. Overall he is a very good baby, he cries when he's hungry or poops. I am not sure if I just have more patience or if he's just a very easy child. He has let me sleep in a few 3 hour stretches, which is good for just turning 2 weeks old.

An extremely proud and pocessive big brother. He didn't want anyone else to hold him.


Grandma Jean (my Mom)

Mimi (Brian's Mom)
an extremely proud Daddy

now we are four
2 comments:
I like the last line... Now we are four. aaaawwwwww
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Look at that blonde hair! He's positively handsome. Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Post a Comment