Monday, May 31, 2010

Western Connecticut

We decided to take a mini vacation to Western Connecticut this weekend. We usually stay with friends or visit people when we go somewhere, but this trip was just the 3 of us. We wanted to take some time as a family before our little one arrives. Our main goal was to go to Kent Falls in North-Western CT.

We had no real plan as to what we would do, so we started off by going to the Trolley Museum. The GPS Brian was using for the first time sent us in circles at one point, LJ and I were laughing about this, LJ was laughing b/c I was laughing.






This was the trolley that we rode on. I wasn't sure how LJ would like it, but he enjoyed the ride over the marshlands and to the trolley museum yard.


While going fast, LJ liked it.


The conductor said this trolley was used on hot days, people would crowd on and take a fast ride to cool off, it would head to the carnival usually.


This was a safety measure in case someone fell on the track in front of the trolley, the conductor would drop this front part down to catch the person instead of running them over.


Snow plow trolley.








We then went to our hotel in Danbury and swam in the pool for a while and then went up and got ready for bed. We all went to bed at 8pm. I started with contractions at 2am that were about 3-5 mins apart, they would go away when I'd stand up and walk around though, so I felt it was false labor. I started thinking we may have to go to the hospital, I was saying I wasn't ready to meet our little one yet, I still have things I need to do. We all had a hard time sleeping that night b/c I was up so much and the beds were smaller than we expected. The registration said they were queen size, but we think they were full sized.



Sunday morning we headed to our main destination, Kent Falls state park. My doctor said that I was ok to sit tight and wait to see how I felt. I was hoping that we didn't have to turn around and go home for me to go the the hospital. The contractions lessened as the morning went on.



The falls were beautiful. I took my time walking up, so I went by myself b/c LJ is a speedy kid.









On our way back to the hotel the GPS sent us through New York state. We drove over this covered bridge, we stopped to take a few pictures.



We stopped at a Mom and Pop shop for a wonderful breakfast on Monday. The owner mentioned there was a parade starting soon. So we caught the Danbury parade, the largest one I have ever been to.














Lots of fire engines to end the parade. LJ was ready to go at that point.

We headed back home and stopped at another state beach. LJ was done though, the water was too cold for him and he was tired. We had a fun time, but are all ready to go to sleep in our own beds.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Looks like you had a great time. Not to mention that you look fantastic!