Monday, November 10, 2008

Things

He is saying a lot of words now, imitating a lot of what we say. He can say waffle, frog, up, down, I can't think of others right now. But it is neat seeing his vocab expand.

The other day my Mom came over and Logan was playing on the couch with her, he would stand up and say "up" then flop on his butt and say "down". I found out later that Brian has been teaching him the up/down idea.

He now says something equivalent to "Signing Time" which sounds like "sigh tigh", the then does this little dance. This is his was of asking for the "Signing Time" video.

I started watching my friends little girl who is 6 weeks younger than Logan. Overall they get along well, except for times that Logan become possessive of me and pushes her away, that is when we have him do the sign for "sorry" to her.

We are really pushing for the please, thank you and sorry signs lately. He can be demanding. Yesterday we were at the aquarium and if I stopped to look at something he would say "go, go, go", I would then ask him to say please. Both the kids wanted me to just keep moving, so I walked slowly around so they could look at everything. The little girl I watch cracked me up when we saw the bats, she said either "I love bats" or "I want bats".

The other day Brian was getting him ready for bed and he pulled some pants out of his hamper and started trying to put them on. He has done this with shirts also. Sometimes I go into get him from his nap and his shirt is half off with the arm through the neck hold making the neck hole tighter on his neck.

He now prefers to sit at the table in a regular chair and eat.

No comments: