Monday, July 28, 2008

Signing + Saying "no"

I just took a cheese stick out of the fridge to cut up and give to Logan, I hadn't even taken it out of the package yet and Logan started signing "cheese", I was surprised he knew it in its original form, he is way more observant than I realize.

Earlier today we were watching a Signing Time video and they switched to doing the sign for fish, they had just started to say the word, and the screen had the word fish up, he started doing the sign for fish, he is getting it quicker than I expected; I would have expected him to start the sign after they demonstrated it on tv, but I guess he has seen the video enough to know what fish is. We have also been trying to reinforce the signs when an object we know the sign for comes across our path.

I would love for him to get the sign for "please and "thank you".

Lately he says no to himslef in an area where he has been told no. So this makes our job a bit easier. Many times I just have to look at him now and he knows what he is not supposed to touch. He has days of testing me, but they aren't as many as a few weeks ago. I'm sure that will come and go as he grows.

No comments: